HOW TO WRITE A GOOD KIDNEY STORY-SHORT VERSION
- Put the following in your About Section
- Where you are from (just City and State) people need to know this, the closer to you the easier to donate
- Why you started this page
- Ask them to push the Like Button, that way they get your updates
- The nature of your illness and reason for your kidney failure
- Any other illnesses that complicate your issues
- Are you on a transplant list, if so the name and city, state of the transplant center(s) some people are listed at more than 1
- Name, address, t/p# and email for your transplant coordinator
- Your blood type (needs to match your donor)
- Your personal reasons why this is important to you (family, school, freedom, your children, want your life back)
- Anything else you want to include
- Once you do that, every time you see a doctor or there is a change in your circumstances, update your page.
- Try to post something every day
- If you need help let me know. Send me an email or text me online. I help you write it or if you give me the info, I can write it with your permission. Let me know what happens. If you don’t have all of these things yet that is OK. Answer what you can and say for example that you are seeking a good transplant center in your area. Your nephrologist can point you in the right direction.
Hope that helps. All my best, Jim from Kidney Stories. https://www.facebook.com/KidneyStories