About the PKD Foundation
Our Mission: Promote programs of research, advocacy, education, support and awareness in order to discover treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease and improve the lives of all it affects.
Our Vision: One day, no one will suffer the full effects of polycystic kidney disease.
The PKD Foundation is an organization committed to discovering treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease. We are accountable to ourselves, our colleagues and all who share our mission.
Our Guiding Values:
At the PKD Foundation, we believe:
- Respect is holding everyone’s opinions and experiences in high regard.
- Integrity is a relentless commitment to honesty in everything that we do.
- Teamwork is the engine that drives us, meaning, collaboration with our partners, our constituents, and each other.
- Excellence is the pursuit of setting and exceeding our own high standards, constantly raising the bar for the organization and for ourselves.
The PKD Foundation
Since 1982, the PKD Foundation has been building to this moment – this pivotal tipping point – when treatments for PKD are truly, finally, within reach. The progress has been so great that co-founder Jared Grantham, MD, has to pinch himself sometimes to believe it.
But it is true. The PKD Foundation has come a long way since its first year funding research – one grant for only $25,000. In 2011, the PKD Foundation launched an integrated research initiative called “Accelerating Treatment to Patients,” that will dramatically accelerate the development of treatments for PKD.
And that’s not all. With the support of so many, the PKD Foundation has:
- Created a Drug Development Advisory Group made up of world-renowned specialists in drug discovery.
- Partnered with two Contract Research Organizations to provide preclinical evaluation of several compounds in three animal models of renal cystic disease.
- Educated lawmakers about the need for increased federal funding of PKD research as well as secured funding.
- Supported and participated in the 2011 FASEB Summer Research Conference on Renal Cystic Disease with leading researchers and young scientists new to the field to discuss the latest research findings in PKD.
- Provided education and support across the country through volunteer-led Chapter.
It’s no wonder Dr. Grantham has to pinch himself. When he teamed up with Kansas City real estate developer Joseph Bruening to form the PKD Foundation, the genes for PKD hadn’t been identified, there were only a handful of researchers working in PKD science and the promise for therapies were a distant dream. The PKD Foundation changed all that, providing help and hope where there was none.
Today, the PKD Foundation leads the fight against PKD through research, education, advocacy, support and awareness. Our goal is simple – to discover and deliver treatments and a cure for PKD.
You can join our fight. You can help make a difference in the lives of millions of people with PKD.
To learn more, click here for a complimentary information packet or contact the PKD Foundation at email@example.com or 1-800-PKD-CURE
To find a cure for Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
*Huge thanks to everyone for spreading the word ! Let’s see if we can reach out to even more people!*
1500-Achieved! 2000- 2500- 3000- 3500- 4000- 4500- 5000- 5500- 6000- 6500- 7000- 7500- 8000- 8500- 9000- 9500- 10000- For More Info About PKD,please visit www.pkdcure.org ! Thank You(: